The Design Award METS (DAME) jury chose 53 winners from 136 products entered in this year’s competition.The winners will be announced at a breakfast event prior to the start of METS Nov. 18 in Amsterdam, Netherlands. During METS, which takes place Nov. 18-20, all short-listed products will be on display in a special DAME presentation located in Hall 6.
“Although the number of entries was slightly down [from] last year, the standard and quality of design we saw in the products reviewed were very high,” said Bill Dixon, chair of the DAME jury, in a statement. “Like last year, some categories have several strong entries for the category award, so it will make for an interesting jury discussion deciding on eventual winners.”
The short-listed products are divided among eight categories:
* marine electronics
* interior equipment, furnishings, materials and electrical fittings used in cabins
* marina equipment, boatyard equipment, and boatbuilding tools and materials
* deck equipment, sails and rigging
* clothing and crew accessories
* lifesaving and safety equipment
* machinery, propulsion, mechanical and electrical systems and fittings
* marine-related software
In addition, this year the jury can award a “green” certificate for the product that best fits the definition of being ecologically friendly.
Click here for the complete release.
METS is the world’s largest trade exhibition of equipment, materials and systems for the international marine leisure industry.