1. Introduction. This document sets forth the terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") governing your use of SoundingsOnline.com, an Active Interest Media website, and the information made available on and through the website. Please read this page carefully. The Terms and Conditions, when agreed to by you, will form a binding Agreement between you and Active Interest Media.
2. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions of Use. Your use of the Website indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you may not use the Website. From time to time these Terms and Conditions may be revised by updating this document and posting it on the website. It is your obligation to review these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Your continued use of the website will constitute your agreement to the most current version of these Terms and Conditions. If at any time you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you must cease your use of this website.
3. Definitions. For the purposes of this Agreement, the following definitions apply: "Content" includes all Text, Graphics, Design and Programming used on the website.
"Text" includes all text on every page of the website, whether editorial, informational, navigational, or instructional.
"Graphics" includes all logos, buttons, and other graphical elements on the website, with the exception of paid advertising banners.
"Design" includes the color combinations and the page layout of the website.
"Document" refers to any posting to the website.
"User" refers to any individual, organization, or governmental entity who uses any aspect of the website or its services.
"You" refers to the person accessing the website and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
4. Intellectual Property Rights. All Content on the Site is the property of Active Interest Media or the property of third parties as indicated, and is protected by U.S. copyright and international treaties. You may not reproduce, modify, display, sell, or distribute the Content, or use it in any other way for public or commercial purposes. The foregoing limitations include, but are not limited to, copying or adapting the HTML code used to generate Web pages on the website, as well as any Graphics.
The "look" and "feel" of the Site (including color combinations, button shapes, layout, design and all other graphical elements) are also protected by U.S. copyright law. All product names, names of services, copyrights and service marks ("Marks") are the property of Active Interest Media or the property of their respective owners, as indicated. You may not use the Marks for any purpose whatsoever other than as permitted by these Terms and Conditions.
5. Acceptable Use of the Website. The information displayed on the website may not be used for any purpose except in connection with your direct personal use of the website as permitted by these Terms and Conditions, and may not be excerpted, summarized, duplicated or otherwise removed from the website. In addition, you represent, warrant and agree that you will not use (or plan, encourage or help others to use) the website for any purpose or in any manner that is prohibited by these Terms and Conditions or by applicable law. Your use of the website is also subject to the following restrictions:
a) You may not send unsolicited commercial email to the email addresses provided on the website. The posting of email addresses is not to be construed as, and does not constitute consent to use of them by any seller of services, any compiler of mailing lists, or any other non-authorized use without prior permission from Active Interest Media. In addition, spam, chain emails, advertising solicitations and similar email solicitations are expressly prohibited;
b) You may not copy, duplicate, download or otherwise use any material on the website except for the purposes permitted by these Terms and Conditions.
c) Any information sent to Active Interest Media via email is not secure and is sent on a non-confidential basis.
6. Monitoring of Content. Active Interest Media does not assume any obligation for the accuracy, completeness, or truthfulness of any of the Content of the website. The Content is presented as general information and may not be updated for the latest developments in the law that affect your specific circumstances.
7. Prohibited Uses:
a) Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
b) Attempting to interfere with the proper functioning of the website or Active Interest Media including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the website or Active Interest Media overloading, "flooding", "mailbombing" or "crashing";
c) Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liability. Your agreement to the following disclaimers and limitations is a material inducement to Active Interest Media to permit you to access the Website. Your use of the website, and the obligations and liabilities of Active Interest Media in respect of your use of the website, is expressly limited as follows:
a) Third Party Information. The website may from time to time display the content, services, map services, products or hyperlinks of other companies or persons. Notwithstanding the presentation of any third party information on the website, no such presentation shall be considered an endorsement, representation or warranty, either express or implied, by Active Interest Media on behalf of or any third party. In addition, Active Interest Media does not endorse, warrant or otherwise guarantee the substance of any information or services provided by third parties. Active Interest Media shall have no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the content, subject matter or substance of any information accessed or obtained from third-party websites accessed from the website or websites that have links to the website. Access to third party websites from the website is done at your own risk.
Although Active Interest Media has attempted to provide accurate information on this Site, Active Interest Media/Soundings assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information or Services; nor does Active Interest Media warrant that the information or Services are up to date; that this Site will be available at any particular time or location; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the Services are free of viruses or other harmful components. Your use of this Site is at your sole risk. Mention of non-Active Interest Media products or services is for information purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation.
b) DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER. ACTIVE INTEREST MEDIA DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
c) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. ACTIVE INTEREST MEDIA FURNISHES AND YOU ACCEPT THE SERVICES AND THIS SITE ON AN "AS-IS, AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITH NO OTHER REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WARRANTIES OF SECURITY, AND INFRINGEMENT, REGARDING THE SERVICE TO YOU, OR ANY THIRD PARTY. TO THE EXTENT ACTIVE INTEREST MEDIA PROVIDES ACCESS TO INFORMATION AND MATERIALS PROVIDED BY OTHER SOURCES, ACTIVE INTEREST MEDIA ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY FOR AND MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTENT THEREOF.
d) Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Active Interest Media from and against any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, damages, costs and expenses, including but not limited to, attorney’s fees and costs of suit, arising out of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
e) Network Coverage, GPS Satellites, Interruption of Service. You acknowledge that the Services and network access are subject to transmission limitations caused by a variety of factors such as atmospheric conditions, topographical obstructions, limitations or lack of coverage of the underlying carrier service and other natural or manmade conditions. Additionally, motor and ignition noise, metal shielding, interference by users of the same or adjacent radio channels may limit or interfere with coverage. You further acknowledge that Active Interest Media is not responsible for the operation or failure of operation of GPS satellites or the availability of GPS satellite signals.
Active Interest Media shall not be held liable by you or any third party for any loss or damage arising from Services, or its interruption, transmission errors, defects or any other cause, including, but not limited to, interruption caused by the underlying carrier. Active Interest Media does not assume and shall not have any liability for events beyond Active Interest Media's control or the control of Active Interest Media's subcontractors, licensors or business partners, including, but not limited to, acts of God, acts of any governmental entity, acts of public enemy, strikes or weather conditions.
8. User generated content. On SoundingsOnline.com you’ll also have the ability to comment on just about every article and video on our site, and post comments in our forums. Active Interest Media owns the right to re-distribute and syndicate all user-submitted content, including but not limited to trail notes, point of interest details, photos, sound bytes, video clips, and gear review text.
RULES OF CONDUCT
SoundingsOnline.com visitors represent a wide variety of backgrounds and interests and, you may encounter content that differs in tone or scope from your own thoughts and beliefs. We hope that you will approach these situations with acceptance.
SoundingsOnline.com is committed to protecting a high level of freedom of expression and to maintaining a welcoming and safe community in which that expression can flourish. We will not censor members for expressing an opinion, within the limits of these Rules of Conduct. We will take action against any behavior that disrupts conversations and community on the Site. SoundingsOnline.com has the right, but not the obligation, to remove or move any user-generated content for any reason, without notice. These Rules of Conduct reflect the standards of behavior our members find acceptable. By registering as a member of SoundingsOnline.com, you agree to the following:
1. Courtesy and Respect: You agree that you will be courteous to every SoundingsOnline.com member, even those whose beliefs you think are false. When debating, express your opinion about a person's ideas, not about them personally. You agree not to make negative personal remarks about other SoundingsOnline.com. members, including negative remarks about their age, disability, gender, ethnicity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, intelligence, character, appearance, health, mental health, education, or any other personal characteristic. You agree not to create posts and discussions intended to criticize or ridicule other members personally. You agree not to engage in derogatory name-calling or other inflammatory comparisons.
2. Hate Speech: You agree not to engage in hate speech on SoundingsOnline.com. You agree not to allege that groups or individuals deserve violence or attempt to dehumanize or degrade them on the basis of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, race, nationality, religion, or sexual orientation.
3. Violence: You agree not to advocate illegal violence against or harassment of groups or individuals, even if religiously motivated.
4. Proselytizing: You agree not to make aggressive, repeated, or unwanted attempts to convert another member's beliefs. Please respect the rights of others to follow their own path.
5. Disruptive behavior: You agree not to disrupt or interfere with community functions. Disruptive behavior may include creating a disproportionate number of comments; creating off-topic comments; making statements that are deliberately inflammatory; manipulating comment topics to disrupt conversation; posting in a language other than English without providing an accurate English translation; expanding a disagreement from one discussion to another; or any behavior that interferes with conversations or inhibits the ability of others to use and enjoy this Website for its intended purposes.
Please check these guidelines periodically as they may be revised for the protection of our members.