Test your knowledge with these Coast Guard license exam prep questions from the National Captain’s Institute captains.com
1. INTERNATIONAL RULES: A vessel underway and fishing in fog shall sound:
A. One prolonged blast followed by two short blasts at intervals of not more than two minutes.
B. One prolonged blast at intervals of not more than two minutes
C. Two prolonged blasts at intervals of not more than two minutes
D. Three short blasts at intervals of not more than two minutes.
2. INTERNATIONAL RULES: On International waters your power driven boat is underway and making way in the fog (visibility .3 miles) and you become aware of another vessel on radar off your port bow. What signal would you give?
A. 5 short blasts
B. 3 short blasts
C. 1 prolonged blast
D. No signal
3. The night (light) signal for a gale is:
A. White over red lights
B. Red over white lights
C. Red, white and red lights in a vertical line
D. Two red lights vertically
4. In order of highest to lowest, clouds are:
A. Alto, cirrus, stratus
B. Alto, stratus, cirrus
C. Cirrus, alto, stratus
D. Stratus, cirrus, alto
5. What symptom is a shock victim’s?
A. Rapid pulse
B. Turning white
C. Temperature rising
D. All of the above
ANSWERS: 1. A, Rule 35, 2. C, Rule 19, 3. A, 4. C, 5. B