The following are the rules for the Soundings Salty Paws Photo Contest.
To enter by e-mail, submit your photo to email@example.com. Please don't send files larger than 6 MB without first contacting us by phone. Be sure to write "Photo Contest" in the subject line. You can also mail images to Photo Contest, Soundings, 10 Bokum Road, Essex, CT 06426.
See all of the entries below or visit the Soundings Flickr Photostream.
- The photo contest is open to all photographers.
- Your photo must be original and you must possess all rights. We will not accept photos that have previously won awards or have previously been published in exchange for payment.
- We welcome up to five submissions from each photographer. Each photo must be submitted separately.
- The photographer must be able to supply, upon request, a high-resolution (at least 300 dpi at 5x7 inches) digital version of the photo, or the original negative, print or slide.
- Submission to the Salty Paws Photo Contest indicates agreement that Soundings Publications LLC retains permanent, non-exclusive rights to use the image - in full or in part - in print or online in connection with the contest and its promotion, without obtaining further permission from the photographer or paying a fee. The photographer retains copyright and equivalent rights.
- Soundings Publications LLC has the right to disqualify any entry without notifying the photographer. We are not to be held responsible for any submissions not received or damage that might occur to photos submitted. Sorry, we cannot return photographs or negatives.
- Employees of Dominion Enterprises and their family members are not eligible.
- Entries must be postmarked by Oct. 1, 2010.
- The names of winning photographers will be announced in the January 2011 issue of Soundings magazine, as well as on our Web site, www.soundingsonline.com.
- The winner and runners-up will be chosen by the editors of Soundings magazine. All decisions are final.
- The winner will be contacted by Soundings magazine. In the event that person cannot be reached or is found to not comply with any of these rules, we reserve the right to choose another winner.