The Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show will be held April 24-26 with nearly 80 new and brokerage sailboats for sale, including catamarans, monohulls, racing boats, family cruisers, daysailers and yachts.
The show will feature boats in the water and on land, as well as equipment, electronics, clothing, inflatables and boating accessories.
“This isn’t just any boat show,” president and general manager Paul Jacobs said in a statement. “The Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show is a multifaceted maritime experience. There are boat tours, sailboat rides, sailing lessons, historic tours, Naval Academy tours, Maryland crab cakes, blue crabs, raw bars, craft beers, painkillers and breathtaking views.”
Activities on land and on sailboats include:
- Free sailing crewed by Annapolis Community Boating; no experience is necessary and all ages are welcome.
- On-Board Sailing Workshop designed for beginners and sponsored by the American Sailing Association and Beneteau. Instructors will be provided by Sailtime. The workshop takes place on a Beneteau First 22 sailboat and includes 30 minutes of dockside sailing basics and 90 minutes of on-water sailing instruction.
- Cruisers University, a cruising educational program, offers one- to four-day tuition packages covering cruising destinations, boat systems, navigation and procedures.
- The Annapolis Junior Keelboat Regatta, a high school regatta, will race in Annapolis Harbor and conclude at the docks of the sailboat show. Sailing teams will use the J-World Annapolis fleet of J/80s and represent six regional high schools. They will compete for a traveling cup designed by Weems & Plath.
- Annapolis Sailing Cruises will take visitors aboard the 74-foot schooner Woodwind.
- A free opening-day networking celebration includes complimentary hors d’oeuvres catered by Paladar Latin Kitchen, live entertainment, a cash bar and a Foulest Foulies contest, sponsored by SpinSheet.
- Throughout the sailboat show Paladar Latin Kitchen and Rum Bar will provide free food and rum drink tastings in Susan Campbell Park.
- Capital SUP will perform daily dockside stand-up paddleboard demos.