Landfall, the nation’s leading marine outfitter and safety expert, announced the company will be offering the US Sailing-certified Near Coastal Safety@Sea seminar from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 8 at Mystic Seaport.
The hands-on seminar provides both novice and experienced mariners with the skills and information needed to safely navigate coastal waters from Long Island Sound to Cape Cod and the Gulf of Maine.
Topics covered during the seminar include:
• Lessons Learned to Prevent Disaster
• Damage Control
• Emergency Pumps and Steering
• Man Overboard and Rescue Procedures (including PFDs, flares and distress calls)
• Medical Care and Prevention
• Handling Heavy Weather, Life Raft, and Other Demonstrations.
Cost of the seminar is $125 through January 23, and $150 from Jan. 24 to Feb. 1. Mystic Seaport members receive a $25 discount. Registrations must be made by Feb. 1.