US Sailing, the national governing Body of the sport, recognized nine community sailing centers that provide exemplary training and educational programs consistent with the curriculum standards of the US Sailing training department.
The US Sailing community sailing sanctioning program acknowledges organizations that best exemplify community sailing’s strengths nationwide. These sailing organizations routinely offer sailors with the highest level of education through US Sailing reviewed and approved curriculums, a proven track record, quality equipment and facilities, and strong safety protocols. Some of the best sailors in the world learned through US Sailing.
Here is the list of US Sailing-sanctioned sailing centers:
• Westwind Sailing/Dana Point, Calif.
• SHYC Sailing Foundation/Stonington, Conn.
• Edison Sailing Center/Fort Myers, Fla.
• Community Boating Inc./Boston
• Courageous Sailing Center/Boston
• Duxbury Bay Maritime School/Duxbury, Mass.
• Sail Sand Point/Seattle
• Milwaukee Community Sailing Center/Milwaukee
• Lake Champlain Community Sailing Center/Burlington, Vt.