For the 54th year, the "Yachting Capital of the World" will host the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, one of the largest in-water boat shows in the world, from Oct. 31-Nov. 4.
The show covers six locations and has more than 3 million square feet of space.
Organizers have made a list of the top five things to see and do at the 54th annual show:
1. Fireworks will be launched from the rooftop of the Bahia Mar Fort, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, on Oct. 31 on Fort Lauderdale Beach.
2. Custom-made displays ranging from 400 to 10,000 square feet will include temporary floating structures for display, sales and entertainment.
3. New to the show this year, The Club at Seafair, a 228-foot exhibition megayacht, will offer fine art, jewelry, and design for yacht and home in a club-like atmosphere, including a 120-seat restaurant and cocktail lounges with panoramic views of the boat show.
4. The new Sailfish Pavilion is more than 90,000 square feet of additional space located outside the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center. It will feature boats ranging from 15 to 40 feet and an extraordinary selection of marine accessories, including the new Florida Sportsman pond with daily fishing demonstrations and the new LandShark Bar with a grilled food menu.
5. Learn from professionals from the International Game Fish Association's School of Sportfishing and The Blue Wild at one of the free fishing and boating seminars at the convention center. Workshops will be held for adults and children of all ages, including “Hook The Future” kids fishing clinics.