Gas fumes blamed for boat explosion

Author:
Publish date:

Improper venting of gasoline fumes is being blamed for a boat explosion that injured a woman Tuesday morning in South Haven, Mich., authorities say.

Nancy Nienhuis suffered injuries that weren't considered life-threatening in the explosion near the South Haven Yacht Club, according to South Haven Area Emergency Services.

Her husband, Keith Nienhuis, told firefighters he had just refueled the 24-foot Bayliner and pulled away from a dock on the Black River when "there was a loud explosion," a news release says.

Click here for the full report from Michigan Live.