Isle Au Haut Light Lighthouse

Author:
Publish date:

Built in 1907 by the Army Corps of Engineers, Isle au Haut’s brick tower on a granite foundation sits on the edge of Robinson Point in Maine and features a catwalk leading ashore to the 2-1/2-story Victorian-style keeper’s quarters. The 40-foot lighthouse was automated in 1934 and remains an active aid to navigation.

Image placeholder title

Photo by Jeremy D'Entremont

This article originally appeared in the October 2011 issue.