This information is taken from the 1st Coast Guard District’s Local Notice to Mariners alerting boaters to navigational changes or hazards. The list here is not an official Coast Guard statement but edited excerpts from recent notices. The notices also are available online at www.navcen.uscg.gov .
REVISED NAUTICAL CHARTS
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has updated the following nautical charts:
• chart 13209, 25th ed. — Block Island Sound and GardinersBay, MontaukHarbor;
• chart 13249, 13th ed. — ProvincetownHarbor;
• chart 13253, 19th ed. — Harbors of Plymouth, Kingston and Duxbury; GreenHarbor;
• chart 13290, 37th ed. — Casco Bay;
• chart 13003, 49th ed. — Cape Sable to CapeHatteras;
• chart 13288, 42nd ed. — MonheganIsland to CapeElizabeth.
The new editions are available through NOAA sales agents. A free list of authorized sales agents is available by contacting the National Ocean Service, Distribution Division (N/ACC3), 6501 Lafayette Ave., Riverdale, Md.20737.
TURTLE ISLAND, MAINE
The Coast Guard has verified the position of a submerged fishing vessel in position 44 20.95N, 068 06.76W, in approximately 180 feet of water.
GULF OF MAINE,
BIGELOW BIGHT, MAINE
The Coast Guard has verified the position of a submerged fishing vessel in position 43 20.67N, 069 56.88W, in approximately 500 feet of water.
WEST QUODDY HEAD TO
The Coast Guard was scheduled to make the following changes to aids to navigation in May:
• relocate Buckman Ledge buoy 2 (LL 915), 100 yards west to approximate position 44 53.69N, 066 59.09W, (the 10-meter contour);
• relocate CobscookBay buoy 5 (LL 1005), 250 yards east-southeast to approximate position 44 53.99N, 067 01.85W. (NOAA charts 13394, 13396)
CUTTYHUNK ISLAND, MASS.
On or about June 1, Jay Cashman Inc. and affiliate company Patriot Renewables LLC (PATRIOT) was scheduled to site a meteorological observation barge north of CuttyhunkIsland within Buzzards Bay. This project work area will be located on the following schedule: July 1 - Oct. 1, 41 30.36N, 070 47.4W; and Oct. 1 - Dec. 31, 41 28.39N, 070 49.21W.
PLYMOUTH, KINGSTON AND DUXBURYHARBORS, PLYMOUTH HARBOR, MASS.
The Coast Guard was scheduled to make the following changes to this waterway in June:
• change PlymouthHarbor channel buoy 8 (LL 12905) to Nummet channel buoy NC (LL 12905 primary) and (LL 12744 secondary), red and green nun, and relocate to approximate position 41 59 04.32N, 070 39 19.98W. (NOAA chart 13253)
CAPECODBAY, CAPE COD CANAL EASTERN ENTRANCE, MASS.
The Coast Guard was scheduled to make the following changes to this waterway in April. Change the range of the following aids from a nominal range of 4 nm to 3 nm using a light emitting diode:
• Cape Cod Canal Eastern Entrance lighted buoy 3 (LL 13060),
• Cape Cod Canal Eastern Entrance lighted buoy 4 (LL 13065).
(NOAA chart 13246)
MORICHES BAY, N.Y.
The following uncharted buoy has been relocated: MorichesBay buoy 27 (LL 30340) to approximate position 40 47 06.234N, 072 44 03.532W. (NOAA chart 12352)