From the 5th Coast Guard District’s Local Notice to Mariners alerting boaters to navigational changes or hazards.
The list here is not an official Coast Guard statement but edited excerpts from recent notices. The notices also are available online at www.navcen.uscg.gov.
CAPE HENRY, VA., TO THIMBLE SHOALCHANNEL – LITTLE CREEK HARBOR – AIDS TO NAVIGATION CHANGE
On or about July 15 the Coast Guard was to discontinue the following aids to navigation in Little Creek Harbor:
• Little Creek Harbor- Fishermans Cove Buoy 3 (LLNR 10535)
• Little Creek Harbor- Fishermans Cove Buoy 4 (LL10540)
• Little Creek Harbor- Fishermans Cove Buoy 6 (LL10545)
Charts: 12255 & 12256.
FENWICK ISLAND, MD., TO CHINCOTEAGUE INLET – ISLE OF WIGHT BAY/ SINEPUXENT BAY – AIDS TO NAVIGATION CHANGE
Because of shoaling, the Coast Guard is unable to rebuild these daybeacons. As a result, the following aids to navigation will be permanently changed to buoys:
• Isle of Wight Bay Daybeacon 5 (LLNR 4830)
• Sinepuxent Bay Daybeacon 2 (LLNR 5000)