At ceremonies Friday at the 42nd annual Newport International Boat Show, the results of judging in the Newport for New Products awards program were announced.
The show’s recognition of the best new boats and boating products had nearly 40 entries this year, more than in any year since 2008.
The main category winners were:
• Best New Sailboat — Motive 25R Trimaran by Motive Trimarans
• Best New Powerboat — Hunt 44 Express Sedan from Hunt Yachts
• Best New Boating Product — Raymarine i50 and i60 Series Instruments by Raymarine
In a new competition this year, a Peoples’ Choice Award was presented to a boat selected by attendees voting on Opening Day.
The entry receiving the most votes was:
• Peoples’ Choice Award Winner — 2012 Metan VB from Metan Marine, which displayed a restored 23-foot 1979 SeaCraft and a restored 13-foot 1965 Boston Whaler.
In addition to the main award winners, two category winners were selected in the separate boat groups, with these winners being the runners-up from which the main award winners were chosen.
Among sailboats, the winners were:
• Best New Sailboat 30 feet and Over — Dufour 36P by Dufour Yachts
• Best New Sailboat Under 30 feet — Motive 25R
In the powerboat category, the two category winners were:
• Best New Powerboat 30 feet and Over — Hunt 44
• Best New Powerboat Under 30 feet — Barracuda 9 from Beneteau Group