US Powerboating, an affiliate of US Sailing, launched a new website that provides powerboaters with educational resources designed to help hone skills and learn more about the handling, cruising and instructor courses being offered in the U.S.
From basic rules of the water to advanced navigation techniques, US Powerboating can help skippers learn and improve skills and techniques using video demonstrations, animations, diagrams, pictures and instruction. Topics include boat anatomy, maneuvering your boat, navigation, anchoring, rules, weather and knots.
These courses are offered by US Powerboating recognized member schools, clubs and community programs with waterfront and classroom facilities, powerboats and certified instructors:
- Safe Powerboat Handling
- Safe and Rescue Boat Handling
- Accelerated Safe Powerboat Handling
- Safety, Rescue and Race Support Boat Handling
- Basic Powerboat Cruising
- Inshore Powerboat cruising
- Accelerated Basic Powerboat Cruising
- Inshore Powerboat Cruising and Night Operation
- Combination Courses