A look at “the tale of the tape” reveals the secrets to this impressive vessel.
Restless is 50 feet LOA, 46 feet on deck with a 3-1/2-foot sprit; 14-foot beam with a 6-foot draft. Her weight is around 21 tons with 1,150-square feet of sail on the 71-foot cutter rig. The Perkins diesel is 85 hp with a 240-gallon fuel tank and there is 340-gallon water tank capacity.
Other numbers include:
• time to complete the companionway hatch — 100 hours
• time to complete the pilothouse handrail at the deck edge — 100 hours
• time to unmask the deck of the 100 rolls of masking tape used in the Awl-gripping — 60 hours
• 3,250 linear feet (.06 mile) of electrical wire
• 200 gallons of epoxy in the coach work
• 75 pieces of teak on the forward cabin overhead
• 35 miles of welding wire
• 35 cupboard doors
• 18 light fixtures
• 15 pullout drawers
• 14 electrical outlets
• 9 coats of varnish on the interior
• 6 bunks
See related article:
This article originally appeared in the New England Home Waters Section of the December 2009 issue.