Recognizing their mutual goal of promoting boating safety, education and enjoyment on the water among recreational boaters, Sea Tow Services International, the non-profit Sea Tow Foundation and United States Power Squadrons formed a strategic partnership.
Through their new agreement, all three organizations will work closely together to provide boating safety resources and education to the public, while Power Squadrons members and boaters who take a Power Squadrons Boating Safety Course will benefit from new discounts on Sea Tow memberships, enhancing their peace of mind of the water.
“It makes sense for Sea Tow Services International to work with the Power Squadrons on a national level to spread the word about boating safety and education, while our individual Sea Tow locations work on a regional level with their local Power Squadron to provide information and hands-on training where possible,” Sea Tow Services International founder and CEO Capt. Joe Frohnhoefer said in a statement.
“We are proud of our new partnership with Sea Tow as our missions are aligned to make the water a safer place for all boaters. That has been our priority for the past century as we celebrate our 100th anniversary this year," stated Robert Baldridge, Chief Commander for the United States Power Squadrons. “We have over 400 Squadrons throughout the United States that will receive great benefits from our partnership with Sea Tow.”
Among the benefits of the partnership:
• All Power Squadrons members will receive a promotional code for a $10 discount off their Sea Tow Membership, whether they are purchasing a new membership or renewing their membership.
• All boaters who complete a Power Squadrons Boaters Safety Course will receive a coupon code for a free 60-day Sea Tow Trial Membership, after which they will have the option to upgrade to a full membership.
• The Sea Tow Foundation will collaborate with the Power Squadrons to create boating education and safety content, which will be disseminated to boaters by the Foundation, local Sea Tow operators, National U.S. Power Squadrons and Districts through their boating education, safety, and community outreach efforts.
• The Sea Tow Foundation will assist National Squadrons and Districts in developing on-the-water training courses as a towing expert.
• The Power Squadrons will authorize its Squadrons and Districts to act as resources for local Sea Tow operators in developing boating safety and education programs such as on-the-water training for members.