The 44th annual Tampa Boat Show docks Sept. 11-13 at the Tampa Convention Center, offering the largest selection of boats and marine accessories in the Bay Area, on land and in-water, from top manufacturers offering great deals
In addition to hundreds of boats and a wide selection of the latest marine accessories, visitors to the show can find a variety of special features, including:
- Affordability Pavilion: Premiering at this year's show is the Affordability Pavilion, a showcase of boats that visitors can finance for $250 or less per month.
- Deadliest Catch: Back by popular demand, co-captains and brothers Jonathan and Andy Hillstrand, owners of the 113-foot house aft boat Time Bandit, fish the Bering Sea for king and opilio crab. The exploits of the Time Bandit and its crew are featured weekly on the Discovery Channel's hit show, "Deadliest Catch."
- Fishing seminars: Get tips on the latest fishing techniques and local hot spots from the Bay Area's best captains and fishing guides. Free hourly seminars covering a wide variety of topics are a must see for fishing enthusiasts.
- Free boat rides: Experience what it's like to discover boating with free boat rides offered by Bay Area Watersports, Tampa's exclusive Mastercraft Dealer. The boat rides are held daily from 1-4 p.m. (weather permitting) on the Demo Dock.
- Live Music on the Foster's Party Barge centrally located on the in-water floating docks.
- Miss Geico: Miss Geico, the world's fastest offshore racing boat, is a 40-foot, twin-engine 1,500 turbine-powered catamaran that can reach upwards of 185 mph.
Consumers interested in learning more about the 2009 Tampa Boat Show can visit www.TampaBoatShow.com for details.