In nine of the 10 Olympic sailing events, the 2012 U.S. Olympic team in sailing was recently selected and will be officially nominated pending approval from the U.S. Olympic Committee.
The only event not yet selected is the Women's Match Racing, which will host its second and final qualifying event May 4-9 in Weymouth, England. The U.S. team representatives are:
• 49er (Men's Two Person Dinghy High Performance): Erik Storck (Huntington,
N.Y.) Trevor Moore (Pomfret, Vt./Naples, Fla.)
• Men's 470 (Men's Two Person Dinghy): Stuart McNay (Boston) and Graham Biehl (San Diego)
• Women's 470 (Women's Two Person Dinghy): Amanda Clark (Shelter Island,
N.Y.) and Sarah Lihan (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
• Finn (Men's One Person Dinghy Heavy): Zach Railey (Clearwater, Fla.)
• Laser (Men's One Person Dinghy): Rob Crane (Darien, Conn.)
• Laser Radial (Women's One Person Dinghy): Paige Railey (Clearwater, Fla.)
• Men's RS:X (Men's Windsurfer): Bob Willis (Chicago)
• Star (Men's Keelboat): Mark Mendelblatt (Miami), Brian Fatih (Miami),
• Women's RS:X (Women's Windsurfer): Farrah Hall (Annapolis, Md.) earned a nomination in the women's windsurfer (RS:X), pending both US Olympic Committee approval and qualification of the USA in the RS:X. As the USA did not qualify at the ISAF Worlds, the final opportunity will be March 20-29 at the 2012 RS:X World Championship in Cadiz, Spain.
The full US Olympic sailing team will compete at the 2012 Olympic Games, scheduled for July 27-Aug. 12, 2012 in Weymouth, England.